This is a really quick and easy recipe that can be poured over a dish (like sweet and sour chicken) or used as a dipping sauce for taquitos, flautas or even for egg rolls or spring rolls!
Sweet & Sour Cherry dipping sauce
- 1 jar of cherry preserve (18 oz)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- Place all ingredients in a microwaveable bowl then place in microwave for 4 minutes or until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Use or place in a canning jar and store in the refrigerator until you need it.
Last week I wanted to use up the rest of my turkey leftovers and decided to make homemade gluten free shredded turkey taquitos. And then thought a sweet & sour cranberry dipping sauce would go perfectly with them!
Well the sauce came out better than I had expected… so I know I will be making this again!
Sweet & Sour Cranberry Sauce
1 can of cranberry jelly
2/3 cup of apple cider vinegar
1 cup of sugar
Combine all ingredients in a sauce pan over medium heat. Stir until smooth. Let cool.
Adapted from Tasty
The kids have been asking for sweet and sour turkey, but last night I wanted to do something different — I normally don’t bread and fry the turkey — but this time around I did and it came out really tasty.
- 1 pound boneless, skinless Turkey Tenderloin, cut into 1-inch chunks
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 cup pineapple tidbits
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
FOR THE SWEET AND SOUR SAUCE
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon gluten free soy sauce
- To make the sauce, whisk together sugar, vinegar, ketchup, and soy sauce in a sauce pan and cook until sauce thickens.
- In a large bowl, season Turkey with salt and pepper, to taste. In another bowl beat cornstarch and eggs together. Dip the Turkey into the egg mixture.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large saucepan or wok. Add Turkey and cook until golden brown, and cooked through. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate; discard excess oil.
- Top with sweet and sour sauce, pineapple and sesame seeds – toss thouroughly.
- Serve immediately.
Adapted from Damn Delicious