When you want to glaze cookies or donuts this is the best recipe. If you don’t have almond milk you can use regular milk or any milk you would like.
Glaze (Dairy Free )
1 lb powdered sugar
1/2 cup almond milk
Candied Sprinkles (Optional)
Mix together in a medium sized bowl the powdered sugar and almond milk and set aside.
So I had experimented with making doughnuts for the first time ever the other day. I made Gluten Free Apple Cider Doughnuts and while they were awesome in their own right I wanted to dip them in chocolate just to see if they could taste even better. Yeah, it was taste-bud overload!
Chocolate Doughnut Glaze
Glazes 2 dozen doughnuts
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup or honey
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 ounces dark chocolate chips
- 2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- Combine butter, milk, corn syrup, and vanilla in medium saucepan and heat over medium heat until butter is melted.
- Decrease the heat to low, add the chocolate, and whisk until melted.
- Turn off heat, add the powdered sugar, and whisk until smooth.
- Place the mixture over a bowl of warm water and dip the doughnuts immediately.
- Allow glaze to set for 30-60 minutes before serving.
Adapted from Alton Brown‘s Chocolate Doughnut Glaze.