Last night before bed I put together a Pumpkin French Toast Casserole …. Got up early around 7:30am stuck it in the oven for an hour and went back to bed til the oven timer went off. This is what our Sunday breakfast looked like!
- 1 loaf of Gluten Free Bread ( I used Udi’s )
- 7 large eggs
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar for topping
- Pecans for topping
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, cream, vanilla, pumpkin puree, vanilla and pie spice until well combined.
- Lay your first layer of bread slices down to a fill a lightly greased 9×13 baking dish quite full.
- Pour 1/2 of the egg mixture over bread until it’s all soaked and mostly covered.
- Lay your second layer of bread slices down then pour the remainder of the egg mixture over the bread.
- Sprinkle brown sugar and pecans on top.
- Cover and refrigerate over night.
- In the morning, place into the oven and turn to 350º F, uncovered (don’t preheat oven). Bake for 60 minutes or until golden brown and no longer wet.
- Serve immediately with your choice topping – maple syrup, honey or even agave nectar.