I am always trying out chicken recipes since I can always substitute with turkey because of our allergy to chicken. And the easier the recipe the better as long as it is tasty! I came across a recipe not too long ago that sounded great and I wanted to try it out… however I’m the type that can never stick to the original recipe without changing it up or adding to it. I just find it is way too hard unfortunately to keep to the original.
Nevertheless, my version came out really tasty and the turkey came out very tender and I savored every bite and even went back for seconds!
I really need to go grocery shopping. I am out of everything. The only thing that was in the cupboard was tuna and I wasn’t even certain the kids would eat that. However, I needed to make something for dinner and the only thing that came to mind was Tuna Noodle Casserole.
There is absolutely nothing fancy about this dinner but everyone said they loved it and my husband and daughter both had seconds! I say that was a win / win for this Mama!
Last night before bed I put together a Pumpkin French Toast Casserole …. Got up early around 7:30am stuck it in the oven for an hour and went back to bed til the oven timer went off. This is what our Sunday breakfast looked like!
- 1 loaf of Gluten Free Bread ( I used Udi’s )
- 7 large eggs
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar for topping
- Pecans for topping
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, cream, vanilla, pumpkin puree, vanilla and pie spice until well combined.
- Lay your first layer of bread slices down to a fill a lightly greased 9×13 baking dish quite full.
- Pour 1/2 of the egg mixture over bread until it’s all soaked and mostly covered.
- Lay your second layer of bread slices down then pour the remainder of the egg mixture over the bread.
- Sprinkle brown sugar and pecans on top.
- Cover and refrigerate over night.
- In the morning, place into the oven and turn to 350º F, uncovered (don’t preheat oven). Bake for 60 minutes or until golden brown and no longer wet.
- Serve immediately with your choice topping – maple syrup, honey or even agave nectar.