I love breakfast sandwiches. Ok I love sandwiches in general. But, the combination of flavors and textures in this sandwich are awesome and jazz up a boring BLT any day.
Normally I love this with a fried egg but decided to make a less messy version and use a scrambled egg instead. Regardless of how you like your egg — this is the breakfast sandwich for you.
I made a Gluten Free BLT for lunch today. I wanted to try intertwining the bacon and was impressed with how it came out…. Think I may do this from now on but will have to cut the bacon strips in half so the ‘bacon patty’ isn’t so large next time.
Today is my birthday and it felt like a BLT with Fried egg kind of day.
The kids are all at school… and I am home alone enjoying the peace and quiet. Gonna make a BLT with a Fried egg for breakfast…. yep, it is so far a good morning!
My parents are in town visiting so when my father comes into town he always brings me the fruits of his garden regardless if I have a garden going or not. But this trip he brought me vine ripened tomatoes out of his garden. A nice little addition to my sandwich!
Since my husband is allergic to sodium nitrates and msg I don’t fry up bacon practically ever. However, I do always keep a box on hand for when I get a craving. And of course today was the day and ohhhhhh, was it worth it!
Gluten Free BLT with a fried egg
- 6 thick slices of bacon
- 2 slices of gluten free bread, toasted – I used Udi’s
- 1-2 tablespoons mayonnaise – I used Best Foods
- 3 tomato slices – garden fresh!
- 2 leaves of green leaf lettuce
- 1 large egg — I used fresh out of the chicken coop!
- In a skillet, cook the bacon over moderate heat, turning, until crisp, about 8 minutes. Transfer to paper towels to drain.
- Spread the mayonnaise on both slices of toast, then top with the bacon, tomato and lettuce.
- In the same skillet that the bacon was fried, add the egg and fry over moderate heat, turning once, until crisp around the edge, about 3 minutes; the yolk should still be runny. Slide the egg onto the lettuce; close the sandwich and eat right away.