My daughter’s best friends mother made the Chex™ Lemon Buddies one day and they were REALLY good. A nice sweet lemony tasty snack. Today I decided I would try my hand at them. But of course I have to always do my own little twist on things. Nevertheless, the kids said they were good so that is all that matters, right?
Gluten Free Lemon Cereal Bites
- 10 cups Rice Chex™ cereal (1 whole 12 oz box)
- 1-1/4 cups white vanilla baking chips
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup + 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- Place cereal into a large mixing bowl and set aside.
- In a 1-quart microwavable bowl, microwave chips, butter, and lemon juice uncovered on High for 1 minute; stir.
- Then microwave about 30 seconds longer or until mixture can be stirred smooth.
- Pour mixture over cereal, stirring until evenly coated. Pour into 2-gallon resealable food-storage plastic bag. or divide cereal between two 1-gallon storage bags.
- Add powdered sugar.
- Seal bag; gently shake until well coated.
- Spread on waxed paper or foil to cool. Store in airtight container.