Not too long ago I was at the Grocery Outlet and came across a Gluten Free Pie Crust by Silly Zak’s in the frozen section and the first thing that came to mind was Quiche!! So I made 2 Gluten Free Ham & Swiss Quiches and literally had eaten it every day for breakfast since I LOVE IT SO MUCH!!
Yeah the crust was that good that I had to go back to the store and buy a few more to keep in the freezer.
Nevertheless… this quiche was nice and fluffy, the crust was sweet and flaky and the egg, ham and swiss were oh so yummy!
Gluten Free Ham & Swiss Quiche
- One pre-made frozen 8″ gluten free pie crust, thawed
- 1/2 cup gluten free ham, diced
- 1 cup (4 oz.) shredded Swiss
- 3 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Place a piece of foil inside pastry shell and partially fill with uncooked beans or rice. Bake in the preheated 450° oven for 10 minutes.
- Lift off foil and beans; Let cool.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350°.
- Scatter bacon in pastry shell; then sprinkle evenly with cheese.
- In a bowl, beat eggs with cream and nutmeg, then pour onto cheese.
- Bake for 35 to 45 minutes or until a knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting.
Makes 6 servings.