Several times a year I defrost a whole turkey, separate the meat from the bones and make at least 5 meals depending how large the bird weighs.
I can definitely feed my family of 5 on a nice large Turkey Breast and have everyone satisfied when they leave the table.
Gluten Free Baked Turkey Breast
- 1 whole turkey breast (4 1/2 to 5 pounds), thawed if frozen
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 2 sprigs of fresh rosemary
- Heat oven to 325ºF.
- Place turkey, skin side up, on rack in large shallow roasting pan. Insert ovenproof meat thermometer so tip is in thickest part of breast and does not touch bone. Roast uncovered 1 hour.
- Mix butter, wine, thyme, salt, paprika, garlic and rosemary together.
- Brush turkey with the butter mixture.
- Roast for approximately one hour and 30 minutes or until thermometer reads 165ºF.
- Remove turkey from oven and let stand 15 minutes for easier carving.