My husband has been having a huge sweet tooth lately and has been asking me to try new desserts. He saw a recipe for a Strawberry Cheesecake in a Jar and wanted to know if I could do my magic and make it food friendly for our family. He even went as far and bought a basket of raspberries too!
Nevertheless… I worked my magic and came up with a pretty good recipe I think. And it was tasty too!!
No-bake Gluten Free Raspberry Cheesecake in a Jar
6 half pint canning jars with lids and rings
- 6 Udi’s Gluten Free Salted Caramel Cashew Cookies, finely crushed
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy cream, whipped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 12 ounces fresh raspberries, chopped (set 12 raspberries aside not chopped)
- In a food processor, chop cookies, butter, and 3 tablespoons sugar together until nice and crumbly. Divide mixture evenly among jars (about 2 tablespoons each). Do not pack crust down into the jar.
- Chop all the raspberries except for 12 of them.
- Beat together cream cheese, lemon juice, and 1/2 cup sugar in bowl with an electric mixer at medium speed until smooth. Fold in the whipped cream and chopped berries and divide evenly among jars – about 1/2 cup of mixture into each jar.
- Top each with a 2 raspberries then cover with lids.
- Chill at least 2 hours before serving.
Adapted from allrecipes magazine