My husband saw a recipe in a magazine of this really yummy looking Creamy Lemon Pie and hinted at wanting me to make it for him. Since Father’s Day was around the corner, my daughter and I decided to make it as our dessert for Father’s Day.
It had a silky consistency like ice cream yet it had a nice lemon flavor! Not overpowering lemon flavor at all!
We made the gluten free graham cracker crust since I have no idea where to find one in the stores around here.
Nevertheless, it was a nice ending to a long day.
Gluten Free Creamy Lemon Pie
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (12 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 (6-oz) bag gluten free Graham Animal Crackers by Glutino, finely crushed
- 4-6 tablespoons Butter, melted
- In a medium mixing bowl, add lemon juice and condensed milk. Then fold in whipped topping until well blended.
- Pour into a Graham Cracker pie crust (recipe follows).
- Chill, covered until set – at least 2-hours.
Pie Crust Directions:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a food processor, pulse Graham Animal Crackers and butter until combined.
- Firmly press crumb mixture into bottom and up sides of a 9-inch pie dish.
- Bake until crust edges are golden, 10-12 minutes. Let cool completely on a wire rack.
Adapted from allrecipes.com magazine