Since I fried up the yams the other night I didn’t want to waste the oil so I decided to make Beer battered Fish AND onion rings! And boy were they oh to yummy!! So glad I did!
But if you have fried fish you totally want something to dip and Tartar sauce is a great dipper for your fried fish. My husband isn’t into Tartar sauce but her tried it nevertheless and said he really liked what I made and actually dipped his fish with every bite!
Gluten Free Beer Batter Fish with Tartar Sauce
- Vegetable oil, for deep frying
- 1 cup Rice Flour
- 1 cup Glutinous Rice Flour
- 1 cup Sweet Rice Flour
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 20 oz Gluten Free Beer
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 6 Swai fish fillets or any other white fish
- Heat 3 inches of the oil in a deep fryer to 375 degrees F. Or, use a deep heavy skillet.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all flours, egg, beer and garlic. Whisk to a smooth batter.
- Dredge fish into the batter, letting excess drip off.
Carefully lower the battered fish into the bubbling oil.
Fry the fish for 3 minutes or until crispy and golden.
Drain the fish on paper towels.
Serve with tartar sauce.
- 1 cup Mayo
- 1/2 cup Sweet Pickles, minced
- 1 tablespoon Onions, minced
- 1 tablespoon Lemon Juice
- In a food processor combine onion, pickles, mayonnaise and lemon juice until well mixed.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 6-months.