If your arteries weren’t clogged already this will definitely help!
My husband went to Ruby River Restaurant and wanted to see if I could replicate their Jacketed Cinnamon Yam they served at the restaurant. Anyhow, I made a gluten free version and have to say it was really tasty! My husband loved it so much that he ate a whole yam and didn’t even touch his Tri-Tip!
Gluten Free deep fried yam with cinnamon butter
- 6 yams / sweet potatoes, washed
- 2 cups gluten free pancake mix
- 2-1/2 cups water
- 4-6 cups oil for frying
- Preheat oven to 375º degrees F. In a deep fryer or large pot heat oil to 350º degrees F.
- Prick with a sharp knife or fork each yam several times.
- Place yams in oven on a greased jelly roll pan. Bake for an hour and a half, or until cooked through.
- In a large bowl, combine pancake mix and water and mix until well combined and no lumps.
- Dip the cooked yam in the batter, coating well. Gently place into the hot oil and cook for 2-3 minutes or until yams are golden brown.
- Place yams on a plate lined with paper napkins to soak up excess oil on the yams.
- Slice yams down the center and serve with cinnamon butter.
1 cup butter, softened
1/3 cup sweetened condensed milk
1 tablespoon corn syrup
1/4 teaspoon salt
2-3 teaspoons cinnamon (to taste)
- In a medium bowl add butter, sweetened condensed milk, corn syrup, salt and cinnamon.
- Combine all ingredients until fluffy and well combined.
- Refrigerate if you want your butter hard or leave at room temperature for soft cinnamon butter.