Tonight I wanted to keep it simple and pasta seemed an easy bet. I was at the Grocery Outlet awhile back and they were selling Gluten Free pasta that I decided to try.
They had Explore Asian’s Organic Thai Brown Rice Pasta Fusilli. I couldn’t resist and grabbed a bag to eventually try. Tonight was the night! It is simply made from Organic Thai Brown Rice, Organic Tapioca Flour and water.
It was very tasty to say the least and went well with the seasoned beef and alfredo sauce!
Gluten Free Fusilli with seasoned beef and alfredo sauce
- 1 (12-oz) package Organic Thai Brown Rice Fusilli Pasta, boiled according to directions
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 tablespoon Johnny’s Garlic Spread & Seasoning
- 1/2 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 16 oz Alfredo Sauce
- In a Large pot add at least 4 quarts of water on high.
- Salt the water with at least a tablespoon of Salt.
- Add pasta once water comes to a boil. Stir once or twice so pasta doesn’t stick together.
- Boil for 5-7 minutes or until desired firmness.
- Drain the pasta.
Once you’ve started to heat the water for the pasta, start working on the sauce.
- Heat butter in a very large skillet on medium heat until melted. Add Johnny’s Garlic Spread & Seasoning and parsley flakes. Sauté for a minute.
- Add ground beef and start breaking up meat to brown. Stir and incorporate seasoning into meat until browned and no pink is seen. Drain fatty oil from pan.
- Add Alfredo Sauce to seasoned beef, stir until nicely mixed.
Next pour sauce and meat mixture over drained pasta.