When I was making my Gluten Free No-bake Peanut Butter Oreo Pie I wanted to make my own homemade fudge sauce to use in the recipe instead of buying a jar at the store.
So I got out a bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips and a can of Sweetened Condensed Milk to get started.
This recipe is wonderful in recipes, drizzled over ice cream, fruit, pie whatever you want it for!
Homemade Hot Fudge Sauce
- 1 can (14 oz) Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1-1/2 cup Semisweet Chocolate Chips (I used See’s Semisweet Chocolate Chips)
- In double boiler, heat water to a simmer in the saucepan, in the top pot add chocolate chips.
- Next pour the sweetened condensed milk over the top of the chocolate chips.
- Whisk the chocolate chips into the sweetened condensed milk and mix until thoroughly melted and smooth.