I love cooking and baking — and making homemade candy is no exception. I tried something a tad different this year and decided to make fudge and place it into my Easter egg shaped molds.
It is firm, yet soft and oh so yummy with the marshmallows and pecans.
Homemade Rocky Road Fudge
- 16 oz. pkg. semi-sweet chocolate chips (I used See’s Candy brand)
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 (14 oz.) can Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 2 cups pecans, chopped
- 5 oz miniature marshmallows
- Line a 13 x 9-inch baking pan with wax paper, or spray a mold with cooking spray.
- In double boiler, heat water to a simmer in the saucepan, in the top pot add chocolate chips and butter.
- Melt chocolate chips and butter. Once melted add sweetened condensed milk.
- Remove from heat.
- Combine pecans and marshmallows in large bowl. Stir in chocolate mixture. Spread in prepared pan or molds.
- Chill for at least 2 hours or until firm. Remove from pan and cut into squares.