Here is a very simple recipe to make a great tasting beef gravy. You can use it over Steaks & mashed potatoes, Loco Mocos OR whatever you love gravy on!!
And if you want to jazz it up… you can sautée fresh mushrooms and add to the gravy and serve over breaded cube steaks or even a juicy ribeye… there are endless ways to use this wonderful gravy!!
Gluten Free Homemade Beef Gravy
- 2 Tablespoons Beef Base (I like Better Than Bouillon)
- 2 Cups Water
- 1 Cup Butter
- 2 Tablespoons Arrowroot or Cornstarch
- In a small bowl dissolve Beef Base into Water. Set aside.
- Next melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add Arrowroot and whisk together, making sure to get all visible lumps out.
- Turn heat to low and SLOWLY add broth, stirring constantly.
- Turn heat back up to medium and continue stirring until gravy boils and thickens.