Like I have said before, I love sandwiches and that includes breakfast as well. If you are short on time and have 15 minutes to spare you can definitely make this breakfast sandwich in 15 minutes or less! And it is a good hefty serving with 2 eggs and 2 sausage patties!! You might even be nicely stuffed after eating this bad boy!
For convenience, I love using the microwave to cook my eggs in a ramekin. And I have to say it comes out like an Egg McMuffin style egg – so SCORE!
And of course you can definitely make several of these sandwiches ahead of time and freeze them up for later meals!! Whatever your fancy….
Homemade Gluten Free Egg & Sausage breakfast sandwich
- 1 Gluten Free Glutino English Muffin
- 2 eggs
- 2 Gluten Free Pork Sausage Patties
- 1 slice American Cheese
- Split the English Muffin and toast.
- Crack both eggs into a greased ramekin. Break the yokes slightly – don’t scramble. Place ramekin into a ziploc bag – zip, but not all the way as to vent air flow.
- Next place ramekin into the microwave for 45 seconds to 1 minute depending on how cooked you would like your egg. Remove from Microwave and set aside.
- Next on a plate place sausage patties and microwave for 30-60 seconds until heated through.
- Next assemble your sandwich. Bottom English muffin, sausage patty, egg, sausage patty, cheese, English muffin.
- Place on a plate and put into microwave for 15-20 seconds to melt cheese.
Makes 1 sandwich
*** If you choose to freeze them — Reheating instructions: Unwrap the frozen sandwich and place on a microwave-safe plate lined with a paper towel. Heat for 1 to 1-1/2 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and the egg is warmed through.