I love breakfast sandwiches. Ok I love sandwiches in general. But, the combination of flavors and textures in this sandwich are awesome and jazz up a boring BLT any day.
Normally I love this with a fried egg but decided to make a less messy version and use a scrambled egg instead. Regardless of how you like your egg — this is the breakfast sandwich for you.
Gluten Free BLT with Avocado and Scrambled Egg
Makes 4 sandwiches
- 8 slices gluten free bread, lightly toasted (I used Franz 7-grain gluten free bread)
- 4 handfuls shredded lettuce
- 4 ripe Roma tomatoes, sliced
- 1 lb bacon, cooked until crispy
- 4 eggs, scrambled
- 2 avocados, sliced
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
To assemble sandwiches:
- While the egg is cooking, toast your bread.
- Spread each piece of toast with a bit of mayonnaise.
- Layer the toast with one scrambled egg, bacon, avocado slices, tomato slices, then top with the, shredded lettuce, . Add the other piece of toast on top and serve immediately.