I had my parents and brother visiting for my birthday. During the time they were here it snowed and ended up being cold a couple of days. What is quite warming than a bowl of hearty chowder!?
That week I had bought a can of clams from Costco and couldn’t wait to make chowder for dinner so it worked out perfectly.
My brother who has worked in the Restaurant Business for eons said my chowder was really good. I love when he compliments my food. It is almost like he is my own personal food critic, LOL.
Gluten Free Crockpot Potato & Clam Chowder
- 51 oz clams, drained (but reserve 2 cups liquid)
- 2 cups Reserved Clam Liquid
- 1 quart whipping cream
- 1/3 cup + 1 tablespoon cornstarch or arrowroot
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup onions, minced
- 2 cups celery, minced
- 2 lbs potatoes, diced
- Place all ingredients into a crockpot and place on High for 5 hours. At the 4.5 hour mark remove lid to help soup thicken.
- When done cooking, give a quick stir to mix all ingredients together.
- Serve immediately.