I use to like L&L’s Hawaiian Barbecue Chicken. Ever since I found out that I was allergic to chicken and gluten, I haven’t eaten there in years. Nevertheless, here is my copycat version: Gluten Free Hawaiian Barbecue Turkey with homemade macaroni salad and steamed rice.
Gluten Free Hawaiian Barbecue Turkey
- 2.5 pounds Extra Lean Boneless Turkey Breast Tenderloins
- 1-1/2 cups Low sodium gluten free soy sauce
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon ground white pepper
- In a large bowl, combine marinade ingredients then add tenderloins. Marinate in the refrigerator 4 to 5 hours.
- Pan-fry the tenderloins in a large skillet for 5-7 minutes per side until cooked through and is no longer pink.
- Serve with Homemade Macaroni Salad and a side of steamed rice.
Adapted from: Chew Out Loud