The ingredients in this salad are very simple, nothing fancy, yet still taste marvelous together.
I am a huge fan of Taco Salad. And Mexican food is one of my favorite food styles aside from Asian food. I probably cook Mexican cuisine at least once a week since I love it so much!
And a bonus — This meal can be prepared in 30 minutes or less!
Gluten Free Ground Beef Taco Salad
- 1 pound ground round beef
- 1/2 large onion, diced
- 2 teaspoons Taco Seasoning
- 8 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 2 Roma Tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup cucumber, diced
- Homemade tortilla chips
- Sauté onions in large skillet over medium-high heat until translucent.
- Next add ground beef to skillet and cook 7 minutes or until crumbly and no longer pink; drain grease.
- Add Taco Seasoning to beef and onions. Cook 2 minutes or until hot; set aside.
- Combine everything together in a large salad bowl except the tortilla chips.
- Just before serving, add the tortilla chips, tossing to combine with other ingredients.
- Top each serving with a dollop of sour cream drizzled with Sriracha sauce to taste and some extra tortilla chips.
- Serve with your favorite salad dressing.