So I made meatloaf the other night for dinner and over estimated HOW MUCH I was making. I normally make a one pound loaf, but for some odd reason I figured I should make a two pound loaf. WELL… lets say I had a lot of meatloaf leftover.
Now, my wheels were spinning on what to do with the leftovers. I love stuffed bell peppers and immediately figured I could transform the meatloaf into stuffed bell peppers easily especially since I had leftover rice in the fridge as well.
Leftover Meatloaf Stuffed Bell Peppers
- 6-8 large red, yellow & orange bell peppers
- 3 cups cubed leftover meatloaf
- 2 cups tomato pasta sauce
- 2 cups leftover cooked rice
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese
- 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese
- 2/3 cup shredding cheese for topping (optional)
- Remove tops and seeds from peppers. Place in a microwaveable bowl with 4 cups of water. Microwave for 10 minutes to soften peppers.
- In another large microwaveable bowl mix together meat loaf, pasta sauce, rice, both cheeses until thoroughly combined.
- Once peppers are done, place the rice mixture in the microwave for 2 minutes.
- Place a cup of your water from the bell peppers into the bottom of the crockpot.
- Once rice mixture is done and the bell peppers have slightly cooled, start stuffing with the rice mixture and place right side up in the crockpot.
- Cook on High for 3-hours.
- When ready sprinkle shredded cheese over cooked peppers and serve immediately!