Many years ago when my husband and I were first dating he said his paternal grandmother use to make the best “green jello” and that he hadn’t had it in years. Well, I called up his grandmother, got the recipe and have been making that jello for every holiday since!
This is not for the faint of heart… it is full of flavor and carries a ton of calories with each bite. But it is a party, so why not enjoy.
Lime Party Jello Salad
- 1/4 pound marshmallow
- 1 cup milk
- 1 small pkg green jello
- 6 oz cream cheese
- 1 can crushed pineapple
- 1 cup whipping cream, whipped
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- In a large pot on medium heat, melt marshmallow with milk.
- Pour jello mix over your hot marshmallow mixture.
- Stir until dissolved, then stir in cream cheese. Stir until cheese dissolves.
- Add can of undrained crushed pineapple to mixture. Stir until well blended.
- Next blend in whipped cream and mayonnaise.
- Chill until firm.