I don’t know what it is about Quiche, but it is one of my favorite breakfast or lunch meals. As much as I really like quiche you’d think I’d make it more.
Nevertheless, yesterday I was low on groceries and basically pulled items out of the fridge that needed to be used up and looking at everything I figured a quiche would be a great way to put those items to great use.
Gluten Free Quiche Florentine
Makes one 9″ quiche
- 1 cup almond milk, original flavor
- 4 eggs
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp rosemary
- ½ tsp thyme
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- ¼ tsp ground white pepper
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 1-½ cups Three Cheese Blend Shredded Cheese
- 2-3 green onion stalks
- one 9″ gluten free pie crust
- Preheat your oven to 350⁰F.
- Bake the pie crust for 10 minutes, until lightly golden.
- While the crust is baking, place milk, eggs, salt, rosemary, thyme, nutmeg, pepper, spinach, cheese and onions in a food processor and pulse until well combined.
- Take your baked crust and gently pour the egg mixture over the fillings.
- Return the quiche to the oven and bake for 50-60 minutes, until puffy and slightly wobbly. A knife or tooth picked inserted into the center of the quiche should come out moist, but clean of any eggy bits.
- Place the cooked quiche on a wire rack for 10 minutes to let it set. Serve warm.
Adapted from Curious Cuisiniere