So I had experimented with making doughnuts for the first time ever the other day. I made Gluten Free Apple Cider Doughnuts and while they were awesome in their own right I wanted to dip them in chocolate just to see if they could taste even better. Yeah, it was taste-bud overload!
Chocolate Doughnut Glaze
Glazes 2 dozen doughnuts
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup or honey
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 ounces dark chocolate chips
- 2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- Combine butter, milk, corn syrup, and vanilla in medium saucepan and heat over medium heat until butter is melted.
- Decrease the heat to low, add the chocolate, and whisk until melted.
- Turn off heat, add the powdered sugar, and whisk until smooth.
- Place the mixture over a bowl of warm water and dip the doughnuts immediately.
- Allow glaze to set for 30-60 minutes before serving.
Adapted from Alton Brown‘s Chocolate Doughnut Glaze.