I love poached eggs. I think they are my all time favorite way of cooking eggs. And the there is Eggs Benedict which is my favorite way of eating poached eggs.
A friend of mine posted a cooking video of Justin Chappele from Food & Wine explaining how to make poached eggs in the oven. I loved the video and knew I needed to give it a try.
This recipe allows me to “poach” 12 eggs at once using a muffin pan and my oven preheated to 350º F. Then in 10-15 minutes depending on how runny you prefer your egg you will have wonderfully perfect “poached” eggs.
And by using a muffin tin, it will not only save you time — it is an easy clean up as well especially if you have a family of five like me or if you are having a brunch party at your home.
Poached Eggs baked in the oven
- 12 eggs
- 3/4 cup water
- cooking spray
- Spray each well of the muffin tin.
- Pour 1 tablespoon of water into each cup.
- Gently crack an egg over the water into each cup.
- Put the pan in a 350º F oven for 10 minutes (runny) to 15 minutes – as the cooking time increases… the egg white and yoke become less runny.
- Use a slotted spoon to scoop the eggs out.