When I was growing up my grandmother use to make stuffed bell peppers. Now I will say as a kid I didn’t like the bell peppers, but would devour the stuffing instead. As I grew older I started to like bell peppers and now love the whole meal!
I usually have leftovers and have to say the stuffed bell peppers are even better the next day or the day after that. That is fine with me cause then I know what I will be having for lunch and not have to ponder what should I make.
All though this isn’t quite the exact recipe as my Grandmother’s, I use American Cheese Slices to keep that part of the recipe like the way my Grandma made it. But you can use any cheese for topping your peppers you prefer.
Nevertheless, you will love this recipe as I do.
Gluten Free Stuffed Bell Peppers
- 9 Bell Peppers
- 2 lbs Ground Beef
- 1 pkg Gluten Free Meatloaf Seasoning
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 can Tomato with Parmesan soup by Progresso
- 1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese
- 2 eggs
- salt & pepper to taste
- 14 oz Jar of pizza sauce by Classico
- 9 American Cheese Slices
- Pre-heat oven to 350º F.
- Cut tops from peppers; discard seeds, membranes and stems. Place tops aside.
- In a large pot place a steamer basket at the bottom and fill pot with enough water as to not having the water touch the basket.
- Steam the Peppers for 15 minutes or until tender.
- Dice the pepper tops to add to stuffing.
- While Bell Peppers are steaming make stuffing.
- In a medium bowl mix Ground Beef, Gluten Free Meatloaf Seasoning, cooked rice, Tomato with Parmesan soup, Parmesan Cheese, eggs, salt & pepper together until well combined.
- Next stuff the bell peppers with the meat mixture. Top with pizza sauce. Place muffin tin with stuffed peppers in the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Take peppers out of oven and top with cheese. Place back in oven and cook until the peppers are very tender and the filling is heated through, another 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let rest for 10 minutes before serving.
- Cut peppers in 1/2 or keep whole depending on how much you want to eat!