I made a Gluten Free BLT for lunch today. I wanted to try intertwining the bacon and was impressed with how it came out…. Think I may do this from now on but will have to cut the bacon strips in half so the ‘bacon patty’ isn’t so large next time.
Intertwined Bacon for a Gluten Free BLT
Makes 3 sandwiches
- 1/2 lb of bacon (approx. 12 slices)
- 6 large tomato slices
- 6 slices gluten free bread
- 6 leaves romaine lettuce
- 6 tablespoons mayonnaise
- Take a knife and cut your 12 bacon slices in half, making 24 half slices.
- Take 8 half slices to make each square; 4 going horizontally and 4 going vertically – this will Intertwine the bacon slices to form a square.
- Take your intertwined bacon squares and cook the bacon in a large, deep skillet over medium-high heat until evenly browned, about 10-15 minutes. Drain the bacon square on a paper towel-lined plate.
- Toast bread slices.
- Spread 1 tablespoon of mayo on each slice of bread, then layer on a few thick-cut tomato slices and lettuce leaves.
- Top with a bacon square and then with the other piece of bread, slice in half, and serve.