So my husband has been throwing around the idea of going vegan. I am not certain that is something I want to do. Can you imagine vegan AND gluten-free?
Anyhow, he came across a recipe from The Gourmet Vegetarian Slow Cooker cook book and really wanted to try out a recipe.
Of course I never can follow recipes to the ‘T.’ I just always have to do it my way and it usually always comes out great. Anyhow, this is my version and I hope you like it.
Potatoes in a Coconut Curry sauce
- 2 pounds small potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 cup red onion, sliced vertically into sections
- 1 can (19 ounces) coconut cream (purchased at the Asian Market)
- 2 tablespoons yellow curry powder
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon gluten free soy sauce
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 1 cup fresh or frozen green peas
- Salt to taste
- Wash the all potatoes thoroughly, then peel and cube them.
- Mix the coconut cream, curry powder, sugar, and gluten free soy sauce together.
- Next place potatoes, along with the onions and peas in the slow cooker. Top with curry sauce. Salt to taste. Stir all ingredients together.
- Cover and cook on high for about 3 hours, or until the potatoes are somewhat tender when pierced with a fork.
Adapted from The Gourmet Vegetarian Slow Cooker cookbook.