Most days I have an over abundance of eggs in my fridge that ALWAYS need to be eaten. And since I had leftover Kale as well, I decided to make an omelette of melted cheese, chopped kale and sautéed onions.
I chopped the onions up then placed them in a sauté pan with a little olive oil until they were translucent. Next I took kale leaves off their stem and chopped them up with the onions and a 1/4 cup of shredded cheese in food processor and then added the eggs and set the food processor on low for 30 seconds.
When the omelette mixture was ready, I sprayed the waffle iron with cooking spray and added about a cup of egg mixture to the iron, closed the lid and let the omelette process to begin.
Kale & Onion Waffle Iron Omelette
makes 8 waffle omelettes
- 12 eggs
- 3 Kale leaves, stem removed
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 1-1/4 cup shredded cheese
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Turn on waffle iron to heat up while you are cooking onions.
- Add olive oil to a sautée pan over medium high heat. Heat until the oil is shimmering. Add the diced onions and stir to coat the onions with the oil. Spread the onions out evenly over the pan and let cook, stirring occasionally until translucent.
- In a food processor add kale leaves and chop on low speed.
- Once onions are done cooking add to food processor with Kale, eggs and cheese. Chop on low speed.
- Grease waffle iron with cooking spray. Add 1 cup of egg mixture and cook until omelette is fluffy and golden. Repeat until all mixture is gone.
- Remove omelette from iron and top with 2 tablespoons of shredded cheese.
- Serve hot.