I am always trying out chicken recipes since I can always substitute with turkey because of our allergy to chicken. And the easier the recipe the better as long as it is tasty! I came across a recipe not too long ago that sounded great and I wanted to try it out… however I’m the type that can never stick to the original recipe without changing it up or adding to it. I just find it is way too hard unfortunately to keep to the original.
Nevertheless, my version came out really tasty and the turkey came out very tender and I savored every bite and even went back for seconds!
Gluten Free Turkey and Vegetable Casserole
- 1 package Boneless Turkey Breast Tenderloins, cubed
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 1 yellow squash, diced
- 2 cups french style green-beans
- 8 oz can sliced mushrooms, drained
- Cooked Rice
Ingredients for the Sauce:
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick)
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 2 cups turkey broth
- Lemon juice squeezed from a small lemon
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- cracked pepper to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 350º F.
- In a medium saucepan melt butter. Whisk in cornstarch until lightly golden (1-2 min).
Add broth, milk, lemon juice, garlic, pepper, and salt and whisk until smooth. Bring to a simmer.
- In a 13×9 greased baking dish add veggies and cubed turkey then mix together.
- Pour sauce over the chicken and vegetables. Bake at 350˚F for 30-45 minutes or until turkey is cooked through. Serve over rice and enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Natasha’s Kitchen.