I don’t normally like corn muffins cause they tend to be quite on the dry side, but I have to say, my sweet corn muffins came out quite soft and moist. They were absolutely delicious! So, if you enjoy a sweet and moist corn bread, than you will really enjoy these muffins!
Gluten Free Sweet Corn Muffins
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose gluten free flour
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup fine yellow corn meal
- 1-1/2 Tbsp baking powder
- 1-1/2 Tbsp xanthan gum
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1-1/4 cups milk
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 Tbsp butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 12 cup muffin pan.
- Combine flour, sugar, corn meal, baking powder, xanthan gum and salt in medium bowl. Combine milk, eggs, vegetable oil and butter in small bowl; mix well. Add to flour mixture; stir just until blended. Pour into prepared muffin pan.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until wooden stick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Serve with honey butter and enjoy!
Adapted from Albers Corn