Sometimes you just want something sweet and something that you remember fondly from when you were a child and that for me is Rice Krispies Treats. Nevertheless, I had some Chocolate Rice Crispy cereal in the cupboard and was, “yeah, that will do nicely!”
Gluten Free Chocolate Rice Crispy Treats
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 11 oz marshmallows
- 6 cups (or 13 oz) Gluten Free Chocolate Rice Crispy Cereal (I used Mom’s Best Cereals ‘Crispy Cocoa Rice’)
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- In microwave-safe bowl heat butter and marshmallows on HIGH for 2-3 minutes, stirring after 1.5 minutes. Stir until smooth.
- Add cereal. Stir until well coated.
- Use a spatula sprayed with cooking spray or wax paper to evenly press mixture into 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan greased with softened butter.
- Cut into 2-inch squares.
- Best if served the same day.