Although I don’t purchase a lot of seafood in general, however I find myself recently eating a lot of tuna salad in a bowl or even making myself tuna melts on the panini grill.
Anyhow, tuna in a can is quite convenient and versatile. This recipe is great for sandwiches, as a spread on crackers, can be used as an appetizer, or spoon some on a salad as a main dish…. it is endless.
Classic Tuna Salad
- 2 (5-ounce) cans tuna packed in water, drained
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup red onion, minced
- 4-5 sweet pickles, minced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- In a medium bowl, combine both cans of tuna, mayonnaise, celery, onion, and chopped pickles. Stir until thoroughly until well combined.
- Next, stir in salt and pepper, to taste. Serve immediately or refrigerate until nicely chilled.