When I make pasta I always need a protein and veggie in it. I can’t handle eating the carbs alone it just feels like something is missing. And I love, love, love Alfredo Sauce and think it is the best pasta sauce out there! Anyhow, here is a fast and easy recipe that you can make in less than 30 minutes tops.
Gluten Free Turkey Alfredo with Veggies
- 1 lb. Boneless Turkey Breast Tenderloins, cubed
- 1 jar Classico Creamy Alfredo Sauce
- 2 Tbsp Olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 2 4-oz cans of organic sliced mushrooms
- 1 pkg Gluten Free Barilla Rotini
- Salt, to season water
- 3 cups frozen vegetables
- Parmesan cheese, to garnish
- Bring water to boil in a large pot seasoned with salt. Pour in pasta into pot and allow to cook for 10 minutes.
- Add cooking oil to a large sautéing pan and heat with olive oil. Sauté garlic, onions, mushrooms and oregano until onions are soft and translucent. Add turkey and frozen vegetables and cook for another 5-7 minutes until Turkey is cooked through.
- When Pasta is done, drain and set aside.
- Pour alfredo sauce into pan with Turkey Veggie mixture. Mix and allow to simmer until sauce is heated through and veggies are no longer frozen.
- Place Turkey/sauce mixture with pasta in a large pasta bowl topped with Parmesan cheese.