I can’t believe May is here already. The months are flying by faster and faster each year it seems. Nevertheless, I finally went grocery shopping and ended up picking up a package of Plain Udi’s Bagels. This morning the kids had a 1/2 of bagel slathered in cream cheese and topped with raspberry jam. I am more of a everything kinda girl with more taste buds for textures and flavors that I decided to raid the fridge to see what I could top my bagel with.
I found leftover bacon and avocado and a package of swiss cheese and knew exactly how I was going to top my bagel!
Gluten Free bagel topped with bacon, avocado and melted swiss cheese
1-2 servings serving
- 1 gluten free bagel, cut in 1/2
- 1/2 large avocado, pitted, skinned and sliced
- 6 slices cooked bacon
- 2 slices swiss cheese
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese
- Garlic Pepper, to taste
Turn broiler on high.
- First toast bagel since to make it crunchy and not soggy when adding toppings.
- Next take two tablespoons of cream cheese and spread one tablespoon on each slice of toast.
- Top each 1/2 of bagel with a layer of avocado slices and smash down into the cream cheese with a fork.
- Next place a layer of 3 bacon strips and then a slice of swiss cheese sprinkled with garlic pepper seasoning on each bagel.
- Place under broiler for a 1-2 minutes or until cheese is golden brown.