The other night I made Loco Moco for dinner and had leftover hamburger that needed to be used up. What better way than to make meatballs.
Growing up with my Italian grandmother, she taught me a lot about cooking and while I took lots of notes over the years, most recipes don’t taste exactly as hers. I believe she had put so much love into her cooking it shone through and through. Nevertheless, I can make most of her dishes come quite close in taste. And at the moment I can’t wait for dinner!
Gluten Free Homemade Meatballs
- 1 lb Ground Hamburger
- 4 slices gluten free white bread – no crust
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1 ounce Pappy’s Prime Rib rub
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Soak bread in Milk.
- Sauté onion & Garlic in olive oil.
- Mix all ingredients in a large bowl by hand (for best results). Roll meatballs to about the size of a golf ball. Drop raw meatballs into large stock pot of sauce. Simmer for about 3 hours.