Today is my birthday and it felt like a BLT with Fried egg kind of day.
The kids are all at school… and I am home alone enjoying the peace and quiet. Gonna make a BLT with a Fried egg for breakfast…. yep, it is so far a good morning!
My parents are in town visiting so when my father comes into town he always brings me the fruits of his garden regardless if I have a garden going or not. But this trip he brought me vine ripened tomatoes out of his garden. A nice little addition to my sandwich!
Since my husband is allergic to sodium nitrates and msg I don’t fry up bacon practically ever. However, I do always keep a box on hand for when I get a craving. And of course today was the day and ohhhhhh, was it worth it!
Gluten Free BLT with a fried egg
- 6 thick slices of bacon
- 2 slices of gluten free bread, toasted – I used Udi’s
- 1-2 tablespoons mayonnaise – I used Best Foods
- 3 tomato slices – garden fresh!
- 2 leaves of green leaf lettuce
- 1 large egg — I used fresh out of the chicken coop!
- In a skillet, cook the bacon over moderate heat, turning, until crisp, about 8 minutes. Transfer to paper towels to drain.
- Spread the mayonnaise on both slices of toast, then top with the bacon, tomato and lettuce.
- In the same skillet that the bacon was fried, add the egg and fry over moderate heat, turning once, until crisp around the edge, about 3 minutes; the yolk should still be runny. Slide the egg onto the lettuce; close the sandwich and eat right away.