If you like oatmeal in a bowl you’ll love these bars. An easier way of eating your oatmeal and clean up is a breeze after you are done eating.
The texture of the Oatmeal Breakfast Bar is denser than a banana bread but not dry or crunchy like your typical granola bar. They are very filling and a great, nutritional breakfast for the kids in the morning before school!
The Oatmeal Breakfast Bars are very easy to make especially for the busy mom. Simply stir together the dry and wet ingredients, pour into a pan, and bake – that simple. The Oatmeal Breakfast Bars can also be wrapped and frozen for up to four months, so go big and make them in bulk -(of course that is if they last more than a day or two from everyone gobbling them up).
Gluten Free Oatmeal Breakfast Bar
- 4 cups gluten free oats
- 2 cup gluten free oat flour
- 4 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons xanthan gum
- 3 cups milk
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup peanut butter, creamy
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3 large egg
- 2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup dried cranberries
- Place rack in the center reheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly coat an 9×13 inch square pan with cooking spray.
- In a stand mixer beat together the milk, applesauce, eggs, honey, peanut butter, and vanilla. In a medium bowl combine the gluten free oats, gluten free oat flour, cinnamon, baking powder, xanthan gum and salt.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the wet mixture and stir to combine . The batter will be very wet. Add the cranberries, then pour into the prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until thickened and golden and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool, cut into bars, and serve.