Hot English muffins, Canadian-style bacon, and poached eggs topped with hollandaise sauce is my most favorite breakfast of all time. I have made it so many times over the years, I can make it in my sleep, LOL! But honestly I really only make it on Holidays especially for Easter and Christmas.
So this past New Year morning I decided I was going to make the family Eggs Benedict to start the new year off right because I believe Eggs Benedict is one of life’s simple pleasures… and why not indulge!
- 8 slices Canadian-style bacon, warmed
- 4 Gluten Free English muffins, split, toasted (I used Glutino’s Premium English Muffins)
- Hollandaise Sauce (I used Simply Organic Hollandaise Sauce Mix packet) or you can make Homemade Hollandaise Sauce
- 8 eggs, poached
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
1. Fill a saucepan with a couple inches of water and white vinegar Bring to a boil and then lower the heat until the water is at a bare simmer.
2. Working with the eggs one at a time, crack the egg directly into the pot. Add rest of your eggs making sure not to crowd and keeping a nice space between each egg.
3. Cook eggs until whites are completely set and yolks begin to thicken but are not hard, 3 to 5 minutes. Do not stir. LIFT eggs from water with slotted spoon; drain well. Repeat until all eggs are done.
Simply Organic Hollandaise Sauce Mix
1. In a small saucepan, mix contents of pouch with 1 cup milk or whipping cream and 1/2 cup butter.
2. Cook over medium/low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil.
3. Remove from heat.
Top each toasted muffin half with 1 bacon slice, 1 egg and about 1-1/2 Tbsp. hollandaise sauce. SERVE immediately.