This is a super-moist quick bread packed with flavor especially with mini chocolate chips added.
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2-2/3 cups granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups (or one 15-ounce can) pumpkin
- 3-1/3 cups Gluten Free Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup mini chocolate chips, optional
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly grease two loaf pans
2) In a large bowl, beat together the oil, sugar, eggs, pumpkin, and water.
3) Add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, xanthan gum, salt, nutmeg, chocolate chips and vanilla, stirring to combine.
4) Spoon the batter into the prepared pans. Sprinklethe tops of the loaves with coarse sparkling sugar, if desired.
5) Bake the bread for 75 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean; and that same tester inserted about 1/2″ into the top of the loaf doesn’t encounter any totally unbaked batter.
6) Remove the bread from the oven, and cool it on a rack.
Yield: 2 loaves.
adapted from http://www.kingarthurflour.com