The kids have been asking for sweet and sour turkey, but last night I wanted to do something different — I normally don’t bread and fry the turkey — but this time around I did and it came out really tasty.
- 1 pound boneless, skinless Turkey Tenderloin, cut into 1-inch chunks
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 cup pineapple tidbits
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon gluten free soy sauce
- To make the sauce, whisk together sugar, vinegar, ketchup, and soy sauce in a sauce pan and cook until sauce thickens.
- In a large bowl, season Turkey with salt and pepper, to taste. In another bowl beat cornstarch and eggs together. Dip the Turkey into the egg mixture.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large saucepan or wok. Add Turkey and cook until golden brown, and cooked through. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate; discard excess oil.
- Top with sweet and sour sauce, pineapple and sesame seeds – toss thouroughly.
- Serve immediately.
Adapted from Damn Delicious